Civil Marriage License

The Town Clerk issues marriage licenses.  The cost for a license is $80, plus $10 if you will need a certified copy of your license after the wedding.  If you wish to fill out the application ahead of time, you can download it below.  Please fill it out completely, and spell out all names (do not use initials).  The license must be picked up in person, and it is not strictly necessary for both parties to be present, but it is preferable in case of questions.

You may obtain the license from any town clerk in the State of Vermont, whether you are a Vermont resident or not. 

The license is valid for 60 days.  The wedding ceremony must be performed by a judge, justice of the peace or an ordained or licensed member of the clergy residing in the State of Vermont.  If you wish to have a non-resident judge, justice of the peace or clergy officiate your ceremony, they must contact the Rutland Probate Court, (802) 775-0114, or follow this Link to apply on-line to obtain special authorization.  Your non-resident officiant can also obtain this authorization through the Vermont Secretary of State's office online through this Link.  You can also reach the Vermont Secretary of State's office by phone at 802-828-2363.  This authorization must be obtained and submitted with the application for the Civil Marriage License.  For a list of Killington Justices of the Peace, see below. 

For more information on getting married in Vermont, see the "Getting Married in Vermont FAQs" document below or email/call the Town Clerk's office.

Town of Killington Justices of the Peace

• Beverly Anderson (802) 422-3484 or (802) 353-8631
• William Ehmann (802) 422-3205 or (802) 770-2166
• Chuck Hughes (802) 422-9400 or (802) 236-0406
• Margaret (Peggy) Neisner (802) 770-2642
• Judith D. (Judy) Storch (802) 345-0719 


Last updated 8/23/2023 11:17:32 AM