Killington Active Seniors
Starting on December 5, 2017 and continuing throughout ski season,
the Killington Active Seniors are meeting for
lunch on Tuesdays instead of Wednesdays
Each Wednesday most of the year and Tuesday during ski season, the Killington Active Seniors meet at noon for lunch at the Lookout Tavern on the Killington Road. Each participant is encouraged to make a $5 donation towards the meal and the remainder including tax and tip is graciously provided by member contributions, the Killington-Pico Rotary, the Greater Killington Women's Club (formally the Sherburne Women’s Club), the Town of Killington and the Southwestern Vermont Council on Aging.
If you are 60 or older, please join us for friendship, a pleasant environment, and a great meal! Special thanks to Phil and Joy Black, owners of the Lookout Tavern, for hosting the Killington Active Seniors again this year. They treat us like family!
In addition to the weekly lunches and standard activities, Killington Active Seniors attend other programs, go on day trips and have special events like their holiday party and summer picnics. They also are involved in supporting elementary school activities, the food shelf, town events and the Killington Arts Guild.
- Bone Builders Workshop on Monday and Thursday at 10am at the Sherburne Memorial Library. No cost, no experience necessary and all strength levels are welcome. Weights and instruction are provided. Please call 422-3368 for more information.
- Movie Matinee on Monday at 1pm at the Sherburne Memorial Library. Please call the Library at 422-9765 or 422-4251 or visit the Library's website to find out this week's movie.
- Painting Workshop on Tuesday from 10am to noon at the Sherburne Memorial Library. Please call (802) 299-1777 for reservations.
- Over the Road Walking Group meets at 9:30am on Tuesday at the Sherburne Memorial Library when the weather is cooperating during the spring, summer and fall to walk down River Road towards the Town Office and beyond - or as far as you wish - and return to the picnic shelter at the Recreation Center for rest and conversation. No time limit, no set pace, and no required distance to cover but please bring water for hydration. Please call 422-2921 with questions.
- Senior Lunch at noon each Wednesday most of the year and Tuesday during ski season at the Lookout Tavern on the Killington Road. Please call 422-2921 for more information.
- Book Club on the last Wednesday of each month at 1:30pm at the Sherburne Memorial Library. Please call 422-9244 for more information.
- Saturday Soup and Movie on the first Saturday of each month at 11am at the Sherburne Memorial Library. Please call the Library at 422-9765 or 422-4251 or visit the Library's website to find out this month's movie.
- Vermont 251 Club meets periodically to continue their quest to visit all 251 towns in Vermont. Please call 422-2921 for the schedule.
Each month a newsletter is sent to the Killington Active Seniors on the mailing list. Special activities occurring that month and some thoughts to consider are in the newsletter. Please call 422-2921 if you would like to be added to the mailing list. Copies of recent newsletters are below.